The Poppy Perinatal Yoga Teacher Training is offered as a 3-day, 5-day and a 9-day training. The 3-day or 5-day is Part 1 that can be taken as a standalone training. The 9-day is an 85-Hour Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS) with Yoga Alliance. The 9-Day encompasses Part 1 and Part 2 for those who would like a more comprehensive training and become a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) with Yoga Alliance.
Each training provides yoga teachers its own comprehensive manual, daily meditation and breathwork exercises, prenatal and postnatal yoga classes, hands-on assists workshops, and the information and tools for skillfully supporting women through pregnancy and postpartum.
The 9-day training also includes teaching practicum, feedback on teaching, sequencing exercises, and two special courses: 1) Functional Pelvic Anatomy/Physiology, and 2) Energetics of Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum. The 9-day is followed by 10 non-contact hours of coursework.
What You’ll Learn in all Poppy Perinatal Yoga Trainings:
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Design class sequences for different types of prenatal and postnatal classes – relaxing to moderate to athletic.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or pain-relieving techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
What You’ll Learn in the 9-Day Poppy Perinatal Yoga Training:
- All the above
- Teaching Practicum (group or private class settings) and Feedback for Prenatal and Postnatal Class Designs
- Sequencing Practicum for class sequence designs that can help bring relief to prenatal and postnatal people with certain conditions (e.g., pubic bone pain, diastastis recti, prolapse, back pain, swelling, nausea, blood pressure issues, fatigue, etc.).
- The 9-Day training encompasses a 6-Day Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Training, 2-Day Pelvic Anatomy and Physiology Training, and 1-Day Energetics for Conception, Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery, and Postpartum Training