About the Training:
This training is 100% online (due to COVID-19).
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum.
- Pregnancy and birth aren’t illnesses. Dispel myths and fear surrounding pregnancy and birth.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Design class sequences for different types of prenatal and postnatal classes – relaxing to moderate to athletic.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the physiological changes of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help students in their yoga practice.
- Help pregnant and postpartum people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum recovery.
Charlie Speller is the trainer of this event. Charlie is an authorized trainer of the 3-Day Poppy Perinatal Yoga Teacher Training. She is a bodyworker, Level 3 Forrest Yoga teacher and energy healer — having studied and worked as an assistant to Shaman, Esther Lim. Charlie specialises in helping people to get out of pain and to realise their potential. Her passion and commitment to teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga stems from experiences in her own pregnancy loss, subsequent pregnancy and postpartum recovery. Charlie worked with pelvic floor re-education specialists as part of her own re-habilitation and studied baby massage. She is an experienced teaching coach, who brings compassion, empathy and truth to her teaching. For more info about Charlie and her blog visit www.charliespeller.com.
For complete information about the Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training and curriculum, click here.
What you get:
*Teacher Training Manual (pdf)
*Daily Yoga Classes
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops for Teachers
*Certificate of Completion
What is in the Manual:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Anatomy of pregnancy
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
*Each participant will receive an e-Manual (pdf).
30 September: 9am-1:30pm (UK)
1 October: 9am-3:30pm (UK) — Includes break for food.
2 October: 9am-3pm (UK) — Includes break for food.
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
100% attendance is required for a Certificate of Completion.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
Once you successfully complete the training, you can submit your hours to Yoga Alliance USA.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a yoga strap, a yoga mat, and a beach towel (or large yoga towel). If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.