Thank you for your interest in the 5-Day Poppy Perinatal Yoga Training. It is a cutting edge, thorough, and fun training! You will learn about prenatal and postnatal yoga poses for different stages of pregnancy, skillful hands-on assists, and become a part of a worldwide community of yoga teachers, birthworkers, and practitioners passionate about supporting pregnant and postpartum people. This is an approved vocational course by the Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and an approved continuing education training by Yoga Alliance USA. If you complete this 5-Day training, you can submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance for your credentials.
About the Training:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum.
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions (15 hours).
- Sequencing (4 hours):
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Design class sequences for different types of prenatal and postnatal classes – relaxing to moderate to athletic.
- Sequencing Practicum for class sequence designs that can help bring relief to prenatal and postnatal people with certain conditions (e.g., pubic bone pain, diastastis recti, prolapse, back pain, swelling, nausea, blood pressure issues, fatigue, etc.).
- Emotional, Physical, and Spiritual Support (4 hours):
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students (2 hours).
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or pain-relieving techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual (6 hours).
- Teaching practicum (3 hours).
- There is an additional 6 hours of coursework to complete on your own should you wish to gain vocational credential with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK.
Charlie Speller is the trainer of this event. Charlie is an authorized trainer of the 3-Day and 5-Day Poppy Perinatal Yoga Teacher Training. She is a bodyworker, Level 3 Forrest Yoga teacher and energy healer — having studied and worked as an assistant to Shaman, Esther Lim. Charlie specialises in helping people to get out of pain and to realise their potential. Her passion and commitment to teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga stems from experiences in her own pregnancy loss, subsequent pregnancy and postpartum recovery. Charlie worked with pelvic floor re-education specialists as part of her own re-habilitation and studied baby massage. She is an experienced teaching coach, who brings compassion, empathy and truth to her teaching. For more info about Charlie and her blog visit www.charliespeller.com.
For complete information about the Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training and curriculum, click here. Click here for our documents for Code of Conduct, Grievance Policy, Terms and Conditions, etc.
What you get:
*Teacher Training Manual (pdf)
*Daily Yoga Classes
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops for Teachers
*Certificate of Completion
What is in the Manual:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Anatomy of pregnancy
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
*Each participant will receive an e-Manual (pdf).
Schedule (Tentative; To Be Confirmed):
Day 1: 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30-6:00pm
Day 2: 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30-6:30pm
Day 3: 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30-6:00pm
Day 4: 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30-6:30pm
Day 5: 9am-1pm
Indaba Yoga, London, UK
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
100% attendance is required for a Certificate of Completion.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
Once you successfully complete the training, you can submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance USA for continuing education credits. The 5-Day Poppy Perinatal Yoga Training is an approved vocational course with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. If you are applying for Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, submit your certificate of completion to register for your Yoga Alliance credential. The 5-Day training is 40 hours (34 contact hours plus 6 non-contact hours of outside coursework).
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a yoga strap, a yoga mat, and a beach towel (or large yoga towel). If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
- Complete the application.
- Submit payment here: https://indabayoga.com/perinatal-training-yoga-pelvic-floor-immersion