ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum. (Inquire about availability)
- This training is limited to folx who will be in the United States during the training. If you will be outside the United States during the training, please check out the trainings taught by Authorized Poppy Trainer Charlie Speller in Europe/Asia time zones.
- Due to COVID-19, this training will take place 100% online via Zoom.
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or pain-relieving techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
Catherine Allen (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher and Mentor, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher, RPYT, E-RTY-500) created this Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training after encountering an abundance of fear-based misinformation and limited support for the challenges she faced during her pregnancies, pregnancy loss, childbirth, and postpartum depression. Cat has taught countless pregnant and postpartum students throughout her 18-year teaching career and has learned immensely from birth professionals and experts. She weaves together all the collected wisdom from her personal and professional experiences to bring to you the most up-to-date information for teaching your pregnant and postpartum students. Cat teaches the 6-Day Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training in the 9-Day Training.
WHAT YOU GET:
*Teacher Training E-Manual (PDF)
*Daily Yoga Classes (prenatal/postnatal)
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops
*Certificate of Completion
WHAT IS IN THE MANUAL:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Up-to-date info on anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
TRAINING SCHEDULE (Houston, Texas time):
Day 1 (Houston, Texas time)
Evening Training Session 4:00-7:30pm
Day 2 (Houston, Texas time)
Morning Training Session 9:00am-12:00pm
Lunch Break 12:00-1:00pm
Afternoon Training Session 1:00-5:00pm
Day 3 (Houston, Texas time)
Morning Training Session 8:00-10:00am
Lunch Break 10:00-11:00am
Afternoon Training Session 11:15am-6:15pm
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
100% attendance is required for a Certificate of Completion. However, this is a baby and parent friendly environment. You are welcome to pump or tend to your baby as often as you need.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
This is an 85-Hour Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS) with Yoga Alliance. If you would like to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT), you must complete the 9-day or 10-day training and an additional ten hours of coursework. If you only want continuing education credits: Once you successfully complete the training, you can submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance USA for continuing education credits.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a yoga strap, a yoga mat, and a beach towel (or large yoga towel). If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
Tuition is based on a sliding scale. The sliding scale is a tool that allows for something to be obtained at multiple price points based on the circumstances of the purchaser.
It is also used to address the systemic inequalities of race and class.
We ask that you pay on the scale according to your ability, resources, and privilege, in order to support access and engage in interdependence in action! Please refer to the imperfect description guides under each level of pricing to get an idea of what could be possible and fair for you to afford.
(adapted from http://www.rwalves.com/justice-pricing-and-sliding-scale.html)
Pay tuition and register by December 20, 2020.
Sustainer Price: $275 (includes $100 non-refundable deposit)
- I may stress about basic needs like food, housing, and transportation, but I still meet them.
- I’m able to access financial assistance from a family member or partner to cover expenses such as bills, debts, or health care.
- I’m employed.
- I’m able to buy things like a cup of coffee, a book, a T.V. show or movie, or apps for my phone.
- I’m able to sometimes buy new items and donate others.
- I own or lease a car.
SUPPORTER PRICE (helps to fund scholarships)
Supporter Price: $375 (includes $100 non-refundable deposit)
- Although I may have debt, I’m comfortably able to meet all of my basic needs like food, housing, and transportation.
- I’m employed or don’t need to work.
- I’m able to go on vacation with little to no financial stress.
- I’m able to live in a higher end property.
- I can own or lease a car with little to no financial stress.
- I’m able to pay for healthcare coverage.
Community Price: Pay what you can (You decide what you can afford)
- I struggle with meeting my basic needs like food, housing, transportation.
- I don’t have access to savings or financial assistance from a family member or partner.
- I am unemployed or underemployed.
- I can’t take time off of work without burden.
- I have little to no expendable income.
- I don’t own or lease a car.
Payment and registration close on December 20, 2020.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY (STRICT):
*30 days or more prior to retreat: 50% of monies less paypal fees and $100 non-refundable deposit.
*29 days prior: No refund. No exceptions.
Fill out the online application before making payment. Click here for the application.
SUSTAINER AND SUPPORTER: