ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum. (Inquire about availability)
- Due to COVID-19, this training will take place 100% online and will be a live interactive experience via Zoom.
- Three consecutive Saturdays (3 days)
- 24-Hour Training
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Design class sequences for different types of prenatal and postnatal classes – relaxing to moderate to athletic.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or comfort measure techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
- Sequencing Practicum for class sequence designs that can help bring relief to prenatal and postnatal people with certain conditions (e.g., pubic bone pain, back pain, swelling, nausea, blood pressure issues, fatigue, etc.).
- Childbirth Class
Catherine Allen (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher and Mentor, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher, RPYT, E-RTY-500) created this Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training after encountering an abundance of fear-based misinformation and limited support for the challenges she faced during her pregnancies, pregnancy loss, childbirth, and postpartum depression. Cat has taught countless pregnant and postpartum students throughout her 18-year teaching career and has learned immensely from birth professionals and experts. She weaves together all the collected wisdom from her personal and professional experiences to bring to you the most up-to-date information for teaching your pregnant and postpartum students. Cat teaches the 6-Day Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training in the 9-Day Training. Pronouns: she/her/hers
WHAT YOU GET:
*24-Hour Training over the course of 3 consecutive Saturdays
*1-month subscription to Poppy Perinatal channel on www.mat2mat.com
*Teacher Training Manual (e-book)
*Live Daily Yoga Classes (prenatal/postnatal)
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops
*Certificate of Completion
WHAT IS IN THE MANUAL:
*Over 100 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Up-to-date info on anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Houston, TX time every Saturday
Day 1: Saturday, September 23
Day 2: Saturday, September 30
Day 3: Saturday, October 7
Requirements for receiving a certificate of completion:
1) attend all three training days synchronously or asynchronously
2) practice two online pregnancy or postpartum yoga classes on the Poppy Perinatal channel on www.mat2mat.com each week in between training days (covered by tuition fee)
3) complete one quiz for each training day (3 quizzes total)
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
All trainees are allowed to participate synchronously (via live interactive training) or asynchronously (via recordings of live sessions). To receive a certificate of completion, completion of the training synchronously or asynchronously and a total of 3 quizzes are required.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
This is an 85-Hour Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS) with Yoga Alliance. If you would like to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT), you must complete the 9-day training (level 1 and 2) plus an additional ten hours of coursework after the training. Anyone who completes any level of Poppy training can gain continuing education credits from Yoga Alliance. If you only want continuing education credits, submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance USA for the credits.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a chair, yoga strap, a yoga mat, and two blankets. If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
EARLY BIRD BY JULY 15: $320 USD
REGULAR AFTER JULY 15: $420 USD
Tuition includes a non-refundable administrative fee of $100.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY (STRICT):
*30 days or more prior to retreat: 50% of monies less transaction fees and $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
*29 days prior: No refund. No exceptions.
PAYMENT FOR 3-DAY TRAINING (Level 1 Training)
By making payment, you agree to honor the Strict Cancellation and Refund Policy.