ABOUT THE TRAINING:
Who this training is for:
- Teachers of any movement style or background.
- Limited spots for Non-Teachers who are pregnant or want to learn how to support themselves or their loved ones through pregnancy and postpartum. (Inquire about availability)
- Due to COVID-19, this training will take place 100% online and will be a live interactive experience via Zoom.
- Nine consecutive Saturdays (9 days)
- 75-Hour Training + 10 Hours of Certification Requirements = 85 Hours (Yoga Alliance School)
- Daily Prenatal/Postnatal and Meditation Sessions.
- Tailor poses for various needs and conditions during pregnancy.
- Design class sequences for different types of prenatal and postnatal classes – relaxing to moderate to athletic.
- Specific postpartum yoga practices that promote healing and support after childbirth, including vaginal birth, surgical birth, VBAC, and pregnancy loss.
- Use yoga practices to relieve pain, discomfort, anxiety, depression that could accompany pregnancy and postpartum.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum and apply that knowledge to help prenatal and postnatal students.
- Help people connect emotionally, physically, and spiritually with themselves and use those connections to help prepare them for pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Teaching Practicum (group and private class settings) and Feedback for Prenatal and Postnatal Class Designs
- Hands-On Assists Clinics – learn and practice enhancement, or supportive, or comfort measure techniques. No one technique works for everyone; adapt techniques that work best for the individual.
- Sequencing Practicum for class sequence designs that can help bring relief to prenatal and postnatal people with certain conditions (e.g., pubic bone pain, back pain, swelling, nausea, blood pressure issues, fatigue, etc.).
- Childbirth Class
- Anti-Oppression and Equity in Yoga Workshop
- Radiant Health for Pregnancy and Postpartum Workshop
- Energetics for Conception, Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery, and Postpartum Workshop
- Herbs for Birthing People Workshop
Catherine Allen (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher and Mentor, Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher, RPYT, E-RTY-500) created this Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training after encountering an abundance of fear-based misinformation and limited support for the challenges she faced during her pregnancies, pregnancy loss, childbirth, and postpartum depression. Cat has taught countless pregnant and postpartum students throughout her 18-year teaching career and has learned immensely from birth professionals and experts. She weaves together all the collected wisdom from her personal and professional experiences to bring to you the most up-to-date information for teaching your pregnant and postpartum students. Cat teaches the 6-Day Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Training in the 9-Day Training. Pronouns: she/her/hers
Bridget Boland (Level 5 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher) is a shamanic energy healer certified by The Four Winds, an award-winning writer, Forrest Yoga teacher, birth and death coach, and former attorney. Bridget strives to provide a sanctuary for students to explore their emotional, energetic and physical landscapes through breath, movement and energetic processes including soul retrieval and destiny retrieval. Bridget teaches “Energetics for Conception, Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery and Postpartum” (1-Day Course) in the 9-Day Training. www.BridgetBoland.com Pronouns: she/her/hers
AMBER MCMILLAN BRAVERMAN
From a young age, Amber always wanted to be with the trees. She found comfort in being amongst the world of wild plants and animals. Herbs and plant magic were her gateway into finding strength within herself. She began studying herbal medicine in earnest in 2016 with Robin Rose Bennett, and finished her four year apprenticeship in 2020. She was initiated as a Green Witch in 2019 and continues to develop her understanding of Western Herbal medicine. Additionally, she is a Forrest Yoga Guardian in Training and a Yoga Nidra guide. She is passionate about education, self care, and connecting to the earth. Pronouns: she/her/hers
Ellen Heed (Somatic Educator and Healer, Craniosacral Therapist, Sexological Bodyworker) has been educating students and clients about how to attain radiant health worldwide since the turn of the millennia. Using keen perceptual skills to accurately assess the needs of her clients, Ellen connects the dots and facilitates successful outcomes for health issues ranging from chronic pain and sexual dysfunction to emotional stagnation and nutritional imbalances. Ellen has pioneered new techniques for scar tissue remediation for women, and is a leading anatomy educator who trains yoga teachers, Sexological Bodyworkers, and other somatic professionals in the US and abroad. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Somatic Psychology and maintains a thriving practice in Los Angeles, California. Ellen teaches Pelvic Anatomy and Physiology (2-Day Course) in the 9-Day Training. www.EllenHeed.com Pronouns: she/her/hers
Autumn Leonard inherited a love of equality from her parents who braved laws against interracial marriage and got legally hitched in 1960. Her love of storytelling began when she was eight years old and accidentally stumbled into a stage debut at the Edinburgh Fringe. That combination of justice and story has infused her work ever since. Autumn worked as the Creative Action Coordinator for United for a Fair Economy, using performance and a well crafted verse to craft press events and stage creative actions. Autumn made the leap into film to find more expansive ways of communicating about justice and liberation. She has a history of taking physical performance and applying it to messaging, social justice and liberation. She has been a trainer for Ruckus and a puppet builder for Art & Revolution; she now chairs the Race Task Force at Kolot Chayeinu in support of other Jews of Color and previously taught at Kolot’s K’tanim early childhood program. Autumn is a member of the Jewish Women of Color Resilience Circle, an Elder member of the Jew of Color Caucus at Jews for Racial and Economic Justice and a core member of Black Yids Matter. A mother of two, Autumn believes avidly in the importance of play in education. She applies playfulness and progressive education techniques to leading workshops and conversations for parents and kids about race. You’re never too young or too old to start talking and taking action about race! Currently Autumn runs yoga and anti-oppression trainings and firmly believes that liberation begins in our bodies.
Autumn graduated with a BA in Theater Studies at Yale and holds an MFA in Film from UT Austin. Autumn is an anti-racism trainer and facilitator with Body Get Free and teaches yoga in NYC schools through the Urban Yoga Foundation. https://www.bodygetfree.com
WHAT YOU GET:
*75-Hour Training over the course of 9 consecutive Saturdays (plus 10 additional hours of certification requirements if you want to register as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance or become a Certified Poppy Perinatal Yoga Integration Teacher)
*2-month subscription to Poppy Perinatal channel on www.mat2mat.com
*Teacher Training Manual (e-book)
*Live Daily Yoga Classes (prenatal/postnatal)
*Discussion and Q&A Sessions
*Daily Breathwork and Meditation Exercises
*Hands-On Assists Workshops
*Anti-Oppression and Equity in Yoga Workshop
*Pelvic Anatomy and Physiology Workshop
*Energetics for Conception, Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery and Postpartum Workshop
*Herbs for Birthing People Workshop
*Certificate of Completion
WHAT IS IN THE MANUAL:
*Over 150 prenatal and postnatal full color asana pictures with detailed instructions
*Articles about prenatal and postnatal practices through yoga, breath, meditation
*Poses and techniques for relieving pain and cultivating strength and openness
*Up-to-date info on anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
*Example 60-minute sequences for private and group prenatal or postnatal classes
*Example 60-minute sequences for integrating prenatal and postnatal modifications into regular group classes
*Example 60-minute sequences from relaxing to moderate to athletic prenatal or postnatal classes
*Note to Part 1 Graduates: This manual is new and expanded from the Part 1 (3-Day Training)
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Houston, TX time every Saturday
Day 1: Saturday, September 23
Day 2: Saturday, September 30
Day 3: Saturday, October 7
Day 4: Saturday, October 14 (includes Anatomy/Physiology Workshop)
Day 5: Saturday, October 21 (includes Anatomy/Physiology Workshop)
Day 6: Saturday, October 28 (includes Anti-Oppression and Equity in Yoga Workshop)
Day 7: Saturday, November 4 (includes Energetics Workshop)
Day 8: Saturday, November 11 (includes Herbals Workshop)
Day 9: Saturday, November 18
Requirements for receiving a certificate of completion:
1) attend all nine training days synchronously or asynchronously
2) practice two online pregnancy or postpartum yoga classes on the Poppy Perinatal channel on www.mat2mat.com in between training days (covered by tuition fee)
3) complete one quiz for each training day (9 quizzes total)
I‘ll be late / I’ll have to miss some of the training / I’ll have to leave early
All trainees are allowed to participate synchronously (via live interactive training) or asynchronously (via recordings of live sessions). To receive a certificate of completion, completion of the training synchronously or asynchronously and a total of 9 quizzes are required.
Can I register these hours with Yoga Alliance?
This is an 85-Hour Registered Prenatal Yoga School (RPYS) with Yoga Alliance. If you would like to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT), you must complete an additional ten hours of coursework after the training. If you only want continuing education credits: Once you successfully complete the training, you can submit your certificate to Yoga Alliance USA for continuing education credits.
What do I bring?
Bring 2 blocks, a chair, yoga strap, a yoga mat, and two blankets. If you have a bolster, please bring it. You will be putting your bolster to good use.
I have already completed 3-Day or 5-Day Level 1 Poppy Perinatal Yoga Training. Can I take part of this training in order to complete Level 2?
If you have already completed Poppy Training Level 1 (3-Day or 5-Day), you may register for Level 2, which is the last 6 days of the training: October 14, October 21, October 28, November 4, November 11, and November 18. The tuition fee is $620 USD. Application: https://forms.gle/24LVtgHVu7tRDtgg9 Link to register: https://catallenyoga.as.me/6-day-poppy-training
Early Bird extended to July 28
EARLY BIRD BY JULY 15: $785 USD
REGULAR AFTER JULY 15: $885 USD
Tuition includes a non-refundable administrative fee of $100.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY (STRICT):
*30 days or more prior to retreat: 50% of monies less transaction fees and $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
*29 days prior: No refund. No exceptions.
PAYMENT FOR 9-DAY TRAINING (Level 1 and 2 Training)
By making payment, you agree to honor the Strict Cancellation and Refund Policy.